Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Diagnostic, bees, and Chinese food

I started work on my community diagnostic this week.  I’ve written up two surveys, and am planning out how to convert the CTC youth into my interviewing minions.  I meet with the Peace Corps people this Friday to go over the diagnostic stuff, so hopefully I’ll have it all sorted out by then!

I got stung by a bee for the first time in over a decade.  That was unexpected. I’m a little bit at war with most of the insects and smaller mammals here.  I’m still trying to figure out how to protect my clothes from the rats, and my peanutbutter from the ants.

This weekend, I went down to Santo Domingo, and hung out with another volunteer, Natasha, for the day.  This mainly consisted of going to the Embassy pool and lounging around, and eating dominican chinese food.

No comments: