Sunday, April 4, 2010

Poder de Dios

I'm sitting at a baseball field on the edge of a small dusty town that somehow has a wifi signal.   The training group went out to Discoteca WOW last night and partied, which was a needed respite from three hours of Pentecostal evangelical church with my host family.  There were people writhing on the floor and speaking in tongues, and others seizing and flapping their arms.  The pastor stalked out the new people and tried to convert them by laying hands and blowing in their ears.  Luckily, I could affect the "bewildered gringo" look, and got out of being lead to the front of the church.  From now on, I'm just going to say I'm catholic.  Their churches are nice and boring and predictable. 

I don't know where I'm going to be placed yet, and won't find out for a few more weeks.  I'm definitely looking forward to DOING things (or trying to do things and failing- still better than killing time.)

IMG_0802

These are the two little girls that my host mom takes care of during the week. They call me Tio, and I can’t really understand anything else they say.

SDC11610

Countryside!

No comments: